It is the surgical procedure in which excess skin and fat deposits are removed in the arms leaving a harmonious and youthful contour, this means that it is combined with liposuction to remove excess fat and the redundant excess skin is removed.
It is recommended for patients with excess skin and fat, either caused by aging or massive weight loss.
The incision can be made in the armpit on inner arm; the extension depends on the tissue to be resected.
Its indications are limited to specific cases in which the accumulation of adipose tissue represents a disproportion regarding the volume of the musculoskeletal structure.
- Once you get home you can wander around the house, go to the bathroom, always lean on someone else (the first 3 days) when sitting at a table for eating.
- Keep your arms at chest level, avoid raising your arms above your shoulders.
- On the discharge day you should start taking medications prescribed by the physician including an antibiotic, analgesic, vitamins, etc. Right after leaving the clinic.
- The wound and navel care will be performed when attending your first medical visit, where you will be instructed. Use anti-inflammatory creams and healing treatments prescribed by your doctor.
- You must remove the sleeves once a day, and the surgical area should stay hygienic.
- On the first days after surgery you must eat low fat and low salt food in desired quantities.
- You will use the sleeves for a no minimum period of 6 weeks.
- Do not put ice or warm objects on surgical areas, cannot have mesotherapy, cannot take anti-obesity pills or other treatment.
- Natural juices made of fruits such as carrot, cherry, melon, pineapple, plum, papaya, guava, lemon and orange, etc.
- Eat steamed vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, spinach, bell pepper.
- Beans (black, lentils, chickpeas etc).
- Red and white meat grilled or steamed.
- Cereal (oatmeal, granola, wheat, other whole grains, wholemeal bread, rice).
- Eat a balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables and meats.