Aesthetic Facial Surgery
- Avoid bending or straining, this can cause more swelling than normal and cause you to bleed.
- Rest in a semi sitting position in a clean chair or bed with pillows, at least the first three days after surgery.
- On your discharge day, you should start medications given by the doctor including an antibiotic, analgesic, vitamins, etc. Immediately after leaving the clinic.
- If a blepharoplasty was performed, then I recommend using cold compresses of chamomile tea around the surgical site, with clean sterile gauzes that should be manage with a clean personal towel.
- If your procedure was rhinoplasty, you will have nose plugs and a splint that you must keep until the doctor asks to be remove.
- Removal of the stitches is around the fifth day after surgery.
- During the first three days, swelling will increase, but it will decrease gradually in the following days
- Use Anti-inflammatory creams and healing stimulants as considered by the doctor.
- After a week you may return to your normal activities, but carefully preventing direct sunlight.
- Avoid heavy exercises or heavy lifting during the first month, but make several short walks, avoid the beach and pool.
- Call the secretary to confirm appointments of regular checkups.
- Natural juices like: Carrot, Cherry, melon, pineapple, plum, papaya, guava, lemon and orange, etc.
- Eat steamed vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, spinach, pepper .
- Beans (black, lentils, chickpeas etc).
- Red or white meat, grilled or steamed.
- Grains (oatmeal, granola, wheat, other whole grains, wholewheat bread, rice)
- Eat a balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables and meats.